Terms and Conditions for The Little Shire Holidays Limited.
Bookings and Payments
The dates of your booking will be held upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of 50% or payment in full. Any booking less than 10 weeks in advance of your check in date must be paid in full immediately.
On receipt of the deposit, a booking confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours, containing the details of your stay and of payments made and due. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please notify us as soon as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience, but payments can only be made by debit cards and credit cards. A 2% surcharge will be applied to credit cards. We do not accept American Express or cash.
Where a deposit has been paid, full balance payment will be due 10 weeks in advance of your check in date and a reminder will be sent to you two weeks prior to this date, where applicable, by email. If you are unable to pay the balance before the stated due date, you will forfeit your deposit and your booking will be cancelled.
The little shire holidays limited only accepts bookings from persons over 18 years of age. The little shire reserves the right, at all times, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
All payments made with any credit cards will not incur any surcharges.
Cancellation by you at any time will result in your deposit being forfeited, as all deposits are non-refundable. All monies paid for a holiday (deposit and balance) are non-refundable within 10 weeks before check in date.
Cancellation of any holiday after it has been paid in full and at a date 10 weeks or more in advance of your check in date, will result in forfeiture of your deposit (or an amount equivalent where one was not paid as the holiday was paid in full) and the balance being returned to you.
It is the right of The little shire to refuse group bookings if we feel that this may be of detriment to other guests staying on the farm.
Pets are only permitted with prior consent and booking and they are to be kept under control. Pets must not be left in the Property unsupervised as this could result in damage to the Property and distress to the animal (s). A maximum of two pets per Hobbit house is allowed. There is a £25 tariff payable per holiday per pet. We only allow two dogs at any one time on the farm.
The Holiday – Guest Conditions of occupancy and Conduct
The Guests have the right to occupy the Property for the paid for holiday period only (within the meaning of Schedule 1 Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
Guests undertake to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner with due respect to the Owner, the Property and other guests and their property. If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly (of which the Owner will be the final judge on their Property), or illegally, the Owner reserves the right to ask the guest and their party (at their discretion) to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period. Any refund for so doing will be at the entire discretion of the Owner in consultation with the Agents. In addition, the Owner reserves the right to sue the guest for any loss, damage or injury caused to the Owner, the Property or to other guests and/or their property.
Breach of Booking Conditions
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners tars reserve the right to re-enter the Property and end the holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave in addition to their other rights specified in these Booking Conditions.
-Ending the Holiday by the Owners or the Guests does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction – Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Authority to Sign – the person who signs the Booking Form certifies that:
- he or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included in the Booking Form, including those substituted or added at a later date;
- the signatory is over eighteen years of age;
- they agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the Property, and to notify the Owners if they are not a member of the holiday party.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Owners:
- – for death or personal injury caused by the Owners negligence.
- – for any matter which it would be illegal for the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
- The use of hot tubs, BBQ cabins, climbing trees, play area and any other activity on the Owners land is the responsibility of the Guest and is done so at their own risk.
Assumption of Risks
You will be staying on a working farm with live animals and potentially dangerous farm equipment amongst other hazards. Whilst we take great care to keep you safe, accidents can happen and we are not held responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform the owner as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against the risk of accidents and your stay being cut short.
a. The Little Shire Holiday Limited accepts no liability for:
– theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay at The Little Shire
– falling into defect or putting out of action of technical equipment and loss or closure of supplies at The Little Shire
b. The tenant and those who accompany him or her, are jointly and severally responsible for all loss and/or damage which arises, for The Little Shire and, or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay, irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at The Little Shire their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any animal and/or matter which they have under their responsibility.
c. If you leave your accommodation in an improper condition, additional (cleaning) costs can be charged.
Force majeure on the side of The Little Shire Holidays limited exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of The little shire circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
Despite all the care of The Little Shire it could occur that you have a genuine complaint. You must take up this complaint with the owner immediately, in order to allow us to solve the matter as soon as possible. Should the complaint not be settled to your satisfaction, then you have the option, up to 14 days after your departure to submit the complaint in writing or by email to Customer Services Advocate, The little shire.
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
Wi-Fi Internet Access
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access is provided free of charge 1 to you, a customer of The Little Shire Holidays Limited in consideration for your custom, your agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Extent of the Service
- We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
- Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
- We do not guarantee:
- the availability of the Service;
- the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
- that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- [Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service] we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
- Your Use of the Service
- You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
1 If separate charges are being levied other considerations may apply.
2 Civil and criminal liability can arise from monitoring content or interception of e-mails and extreme care should be taken to ensure that this does not happen.
- are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
- are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
- We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
- You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- Criminal Activity
- You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
- You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
- Our Use of your Information
- Subject to clauses 3.3 and 3.4 above we confirm that we shall use the contact details you provide to us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information, updates, promotions and special offers relating to our business.
- Other Terms
- You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.
- Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. I confirm that by making a reservation I accept these terms and conditions as the basis of my use of the wireless internet access provided.